Before going for your health screening, please call to make an appointment with your selected panel clinic.
Blood test preparation
- You are required to fast before having a blood test.
- Do not eat or drink anything ( except water) for at least 12 hours before you go to the panel clinic.
- Do not smoke,chew gum or exercise.
- After the specimen is collected, you my resume normal diet.
- Most people find it convenient to stop eating and drinking in the evening and to arrive at the panel clinic early in the next morning.
Pap smear preparation
- The best time to have a pap smear is when you are not menstruating.
- 2 days prior to the test, avoid intercourse,douches, vaginal medications (except as directed by your doctor), vaginal contraceptives such as birth control foams, creams or jellies.
- Schedule the test for a time when your breasts are least likely to be tender. Usually during the week after your menstrual period.
- Avoid using deodorant, lotions, powders, cream or perfumes under your arms or on your breast as metallic particles could be visible on your mammogram and cause cofusion.
- Consider an over the counter pain medication if you find that having a mammogram is uncomfortable